> > Is having a "std" GUI / drawing / clipboard / etc lib really so important
> > when there are non-"std" candidates in nimble?
>
> Yes, quite a lot. Std GUI lib means that you can and will be able to make ui
> using same code for every compatible platform and 90% extensions (like custom
> controls) you will find gonna be compatible with it, not divided amidst
> plenora of third-party libraries.
>
> Std clipboard lib means there gonna be dependency-free clip access from any
> supported platform, not just Windows (using my nimble package).

"Standard" means included with the standard library (stdlib), which means the
Nim package is bigger and takes longer to compile, and updating the library
usually has to wait for the updated Nim version. This should be reserved for
popular and light-weight libraries.

Typing `nimble install blah` is not hard. Those libraries can be as
multiplatform as the stdlib.

Python's "standard GUI library" is
[Tkinter](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tkinter) (marked as "Full" in your
image), but it's used less frequently than Python's (multiple) bindings for qt,
gtk, wx, kivy, etc. Making this decision early on was a mistake.