Thanks for the reply. I didn't know that their was a nim.kak.

Interesting story. I don't know how I would classify myself. I am a long time
Smalltalker. I have struggled entering the world of editors and have kind of
simply settled for a reasonable IDE/Editor rather than committing the time to
learning Vim or Emacs. So currently that is Atom. I am not a fan of bloat of
modern apps. I am also doing more server side apps. I would like a ssh,
terminal friendly editor. Vim is definitely one. It seemed that Kakoune would
be somewhat an evolution of that.

If I were to learn Vim first, am I going to have to unlearn or relearn much
should I at a later date move to Kakoune?

Thanks for the advice.