I don't know. Thanks for the implicit compliments and all, but it's an awfully
specific set of circumstances, not a general performance analysis even of VCF
never mind DSV parsing. The performance will be closely related to how long
various column substrings are. That will be specific to the data I just made up
from a sample file to have something reproducible by others. Someone with real
data files like @markebbert would be in a better position to say something
interesting about VCF parsing. { I also continue to agree with Araq that for
this kind of situation it would be better if someone who's read that PDF which
I linked to more thoroughly than I did (or want to) wrote some careful VCF
parser API in Nim. }

So, I'm not sure what the post would be "about" exactly except perhaps some
implicit performance one-upsmanship of
[https://nim-lang.org/blog/2017/05/25/faster-command-line-tools-in-nim.html](https://nim-lang.org/blog/2017/05/25/faster-command-line-tools-in-nim.html).
 Such one-upsmanship is often an almost never ending game of diminishing
returns and benchmark debates that I don't have time/inclination to pursue
further at this moment. Also, it's just code outside the stdlib anyway. Feels a
little like someone else's yard to me rather than some specifically
Nim-conventional way to do something. `cols.nim` is already small 45-line
example program, and the above snippet even smaller. But by all means, if you
or Kaushal want to write more about it and link back here then you should! -
cheers