Why not just start on Nim forum and Nim IRC and switch to separate area when
number of participants becomes too large, like maybe a few dozen?

I really wonder why some people like to separate so much? We all know that Nim
community is still small, and there is no evidence that many people are really
working in data/computational science. And data science discussion on Nim forum
is interesting for many and it is good advertising for Nim.

For other topics it is similar -- for example I got some queries to create a
Nim-GTK forum, Channel, IRC. Last one recently, see
[https://github.com/StefanSalewski/gintro/issues/54#issuecomment-532497567](https://github.com/StefanSalewski/gintro/issues/54#issuecomment-532497567)
 Well, there would be one user if I subscribe myself, and maybe one more a few
times a month.