> And since Nim and Python are roughly the same....

Syntactically, yes Nim and Python are very similar. Admittedly one of the main
reasons I use Nim is I'm already fluent in Python, and that makes learning Nim
relatively easy.

That said - Nim and Python differ significantly in terms of their compilation
targets. Nim is also statically typed, while Python is dynamically typed.

In terms of Blender, the biggest difference I'd see is the REPL experience.
Part of the reason Python was chosen for Blender was its really mature REPL
environment - which allows coders/scripters to quickly try out code without
compiling entire files. Nim does have its own REPL too, but its far less mature
than Python's.

So while I agree that Nim and Blender are amazing tools - I'm not sure
combining them would be ideal. Also consider the amount of time/effort involved
in refactoring Blender to support a new language.