I've now tried the "hello world" program for all those that claim to be
cross-platform (at least Linux & Windows). Most don't actually work on Windows,
and all but one requires at least one `.so` or `.dll`.

The one exception is [NiGui](https://github.com/trustable-code/NiGui). This is
pure Nim so doesn't need any extra shared libraries. Also, I found it worked
fine on both Linux and Windows. I haven't tested it for performance or for
comprehensiveness, and the documentation is rather sparse. However, it comes
with a whole bunch of examples which are small enough to study and learn from.

I really hope that _NiGUI_ gets the support it needs. For example, after
decades, Python still has no native GUI library (although there have been many
attempts, e.g., _PyGUI_ ). This makes it much harder to deploy Python GUI apps.
Yet with _NiGUI_ deployment is easy since it is built right into the executable
with no separate libraries.