I'm strongly opposed to that plan! While I fully agree that Nim (currently)
does a lot of uncool stuff (e.g. static typing) I do not consider Python and C
good choices. Instead of Python we should be bold and directly walk into where
the future is: AI based image interpretation instead of Python, which while
being widely liked still implements, pardon me, an old-school boring paradigm.
We should not allow ourselves to be blocked by frankly meaningless dictums like
a PL having to be "text based"! As for C I _almost_ agree if it were not for
the stubborn newer standards introducing anti-freedom stuff like "restrict"
and, as I just learned by even GCC inventing "safety" devices like "access".
Reason: All of that costs performance. Sorry, some might not like to hear it,
but _every_ check, every "safety feature", and in fact even superficial type
checking _costs performance_ either at compile time or at run time.

I do however fully propose our BDFL's plan to use void pointers and would
infect strongly urge the Nim team to _only_ support void pointers. No more nice
and dandy - but performance hungry and attention demanding - integers, floats,
and what not (let alone signed and unsigned!) but only 'ptr void'. If something
can't be expressed by void pointers it's not worth to be expressed anyway.