I tried to bootstrap from the source, `nim-1.2.0.tar.xz`, on a machine with gcc
4.8.2.

During linking I got `undefined reference to __builtin_saddll_overflow errors`
so it seems that the C code for bootstrapping was not generated with
-d:nimEmulateOverflowChecks (the workaround for generating code for old
compilers, as specified in the 1.2.0 release notes).

It would be nice if the install page at least specified the actual minimum gcc
requirement for compiling from nim-1.2.0.tar.xz. Alternatively a second source
tarball could be provided that is generated with the above
-d:nimEmulateOverflowChecks, which at least generates a working compiler
(although slower) when using older gcc versions.