> and everything got about 20 times faster.

We have never seen such an behaviour before, so it would be great if you could
investigate it in more detail.

Maybe a strange bug? Did you use gcc10 or clang, or maybe the microsoft or
intel compiler as backend?

-d:release is fine, -d:danger can be a bit faster as it turns off all runtime
checks. Both is O3 for gcc by default. But specifying --opt:size at the same
time may be not that good, do you use -O3 and -Os for gcc at the same time?
Most people do not.|
---|---

Try --passC:-flto to for lto, that give you inlining for all procs.

I enable generally -march=native also. And you may try PGO, there was a post
about it recently on the forum.