OK, when it is gintro related then your initial post is really not that smart.

Inheritance for C libs in different from inheritance in Nim . C is not an OOP
language.

I would strongly suggest YOU not using gintro!

I have recently listed most of the Nim GUI packages here, located directly
above Chapter 1 heading:

[http://ssalewski.de/gtkprogramming.html](http://ssalewski.de/gtkprogramming.html)

All that packages are great. If I miss other packages please let me know.

If you will still continue with gintro, I gave an example of subclassing here:

[http://ssalewski.de/gintroreadme.html#_extending_or_sub_classing_widgets](http://ssalewski.de/gintroreadme.html#_extending_or_sub_classing_widgets)

It is not well tested, and it is different from native Nim and different from
GObject C subclassing. As we use proxy objects in gintro.

Nim inheritance is explained here:

[http://ssalewski.de/nimprogramming.html#_object_orientated_programming_and_inheritance](http://ssalewski.de/nimprogramming.html#_object_orientated_programming_and_inheritance)