From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Bryan Rosander
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 2:07 PM
To: nistnet@antd.nist.gov
Subject: [nistnet] Problems Routing with NISTNet

We have 3 computers, all running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.0.  They all
have 2 network cards, one with an IP address on Subnet 1 and the other IP
address on Subnet 2.  There is no routing between the subnets besides NIST
Net

We have been trying to use NIST Net to send data between two subnets in
order to test some other software over a simulated WAN.  However, Its not
working and we arent sure why.  It compiled fine and is using the real time
clock as a module.  We also set /proc/net/sys/ipv4/ip_forward to 1 and
FORWARD_IPV4="yes" /etc/sysconfig/network for the NIST Net machine.
For the other two machines, we set the default gateway to one of the IP
addresses of the NIST Net machine, so that they were on different subnets.

When I start up NIST Net,  I try sending a traceroute from one machine to
another, from one subnet to another, forcing it to go through NIST Net.  It
just times out.  I try this with the emulator on and off.  Then I try adding
the IP addresses that I am trying to communicate between to the the first
source and destination fields, and it still doesnt work, even if I stop and
start traceroute.  Adding a bandwidth parameter doesnt help either.

Were really confused by this and would like to get NIST Net working.  Could
someone offer a suggestion?
Bryan Rosander