-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David Morris
Sent: Wednesday, 22 November 2006 3:59 p.m.
To: nistnet@antd.nist.gov
Subject: [nistnet] Why is ping in the NistNet source tree

I was examining the source from Tomas Molina (nistnet.2.4.1, I've not
attempted to work back to the NIST version) and I discovered the source
for the BSD ping command.

Since the source is under the BSD copyright, it can't be GPL or public
domain. Any idea where this crept in or even why it is included?

PS ... there was talk ages ago about setting up a sourceforge project.
  Has any progress been made on that effort?

Dave Morris