-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Andrew Moise
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 11:18 AM
To: Thomas Molina
Cc: Melinte Aurelian-Y18265; nistnet@antd.nist.gov
Subject: Re: [nistnet] Nistnet sources for kernel 2.6.16?

On 11/24/06, Thomas Molina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I haven't done any development since sometime after the 2.6 kernel
> came out and the original maintainer indicated he was going to do
> additional maintenance on the project.  Most of what I did was
> incorporated into his version 2.4.12c which you can find at
> http://www-x.antd.nist.gov/nistnet/dist/
>
> I haven't done anything since because of other commitments and the
> fact that similar capabilities were included into the kernel as a
> module known as netem.  Information on it can be found at
> http://linux-net.osdl.org/index.php/Netem
>
> The only thing that netem is missing is a fancy gui interface.

  If development of nistnet is semi-stagnant and a replacement exists in
the kernel, would it be possible to add a note to the nistnet web pages
to that effect?  I've just finished putting nistnet into production
here, and it would have been nice to have known about netem before I did
:-/.