On 11/19/2013 01:38 AM, Alex Berg wrote:
Vlad, is "rubycurses" intended as a new attribute in all-packages.nix,
sibling to "ruby"?

Yes, if could be if it's likely to be useful on more places, or it could be the default. Or it could e.g. be

herokuToolbelt = callPackage path {
        ruby = ruby.override { cursesSupport = true; };
}

As for why it isn't default -- I suppose it wasn't needed up to now. I think it's often just a tool useful when building other packages. For example we have by default a different bash for building (no readline etc.) and different for interactive usage.

Vlada