On 28/04/2014 13:50, José Romildo Malaquias wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 06:30:12AM +0200, Wout Mertens wrote:
>> It looks like you are trying to do a UEFI boot but not providing the
>> correct partition mounted in /boot.
>>
>> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Gummiboot#Updating
> The installation guide does not mention the need to mount /boot before
> installation. The above link refers to installing Gummiboot on
> archlinux, where the OS has already been installed, which is a very
> different situation.
>
> Besides that, when installing NixOS from the installation media, there
> is alread a /boot directory, although it probably refers to the boot
> from the installation media, not the one for the installed system.
>
> And in a previous installation I have done a few months ago, it worked
> without the need of any additional action regarding /boot.
>
> So it seems there is a bug in the installation process.
I've had the same problem. The fact is that the installation guide does
not mention that you need a /boot partition. It assumes everything under
/ and that's not a bug per se.
Perhaps some note might be added about the fact that any dir that is in
another partition has to be mounted, with an example.