Hi Matthias,

Feel free to ask questions on the mailing list, and on the #nixos
channel on freenode (http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#nixos) but
it's worth mentioning too that the manual and academic papers have a
wealth of information, so, you will probably find most questions you
have are already answered there in great depth.

Welcome aboard!
Cillian

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 11:01 AM, Matthias Beyer <m...@beyermatthias.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know if this is wanted on this list (isn't there a users-list
> somewhere?), but I want to introduce myself before sending my bunch of
> questions!
>
> I'm a 22 year old CS student from south germany. I heard from nixos
> the first time at UnFUCK[0], a conference at my university, I
> organized myself. ATM I'm an Archlinux user (been for ~7 years), but
> within the next year I want to build a Tower-PC and I'm heavily
> thinking about nixos for it.
>
> For me, nixos is the first _real_ approach to solve the
> dependency-hell problem.
>
> Is it appropriate to send my questions to this ML? I guess I will send
> them in seperate mails if you ACK this, as some of them may lead to
> longer discussuions (who knows).
>
> So, ... Hi nixos ML! Ask me anything.
>
> [0]: unfuck.eu
>
> --
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
> Kind regards,
> Matthias Beyer
>
> Proudly sent with mutt.
> Happily signed with gnupg.

NixOS: The Purely Functional Linux Distribution
http://nixos.org