Hi all,

I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to make the application wrapper
scripts generated by makeWrapper be binaries that do the environment
massaging and config in binary code before exec() ing the wrapped program.

The advantages would be that the wrapper itself loads very fast since all
the shell init and shell parsing is skipped. You also get precise control
over the execv() call or other desired factors.

The disadvantages are that you can't read what a wrapper does and the
wrapper file is bigger (about 4KB in my tests for a simple execv()).

Thoughts?

Wout.