What about things that aren't necessarily small fixable bugs. Some projects have long discussions about design or philosophy or some major architecting. Or a bug that is pending somebody coming up with a good solution (like for example ZFS's encryption issue which was open for years). Will people need to constantly comment with `+1` just to reopen? Also if an issue is closed it may increase the number of duplicate issues, instead of adding onto the closed issue.