The bug also shows on zathura with poppler (a PDF renderer engine that
is used in okular, too) backend, but mupdf (another engine) doesn't have
it. This seems like a poppler's bug. If you say that Fedora doesn't have
it then either they have a different version or custom patches (which we
can try to use), or something different is going on...

On 08/18/2016 03:43 AM, laverne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running KDE on NixOS 16.03. I use Okular as my PDF viewer and have a PDF
> that is not rendering correctly. I have tried both okular-15.12.3 (Okular
> 0.24.2) and okular-4.14.3 (Okular 0.20.3). Some PDFs render fine, but I have
> attached one that does not. The white ovals along the left-hand side should
> have text in them and each of the arrows should have a number by them. If I
> upload this file to Google Drive, the text is visible. They also display fine
> under Okular 0.22.0 Fedora 22.
>
> Can others confirm this behavior? Does it seem like a NixOS specific bug or
> should it be reported upstream?
>
> Thanks,
> Laverne Schrock

Nikolay.