On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 9:43 PM, ./aal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 8:17 PM, Perkins, Jerry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > ./aal wrote:
> >> I want to access my home boxes from the world. I cannot port-forward.
> >> What options do you guys know for accessing servers on your home lan
> >> from the net that dont require open ports?
> >>
> >   I thought that SSH should always be open.   Is there a reason that
> > SSH is closed?
> >

> I cannot port forward

Why?

Oh the temptation to leave the response at one word, but I won't.
Seriously.  Why can you not port forward?  Hardware limitations?
Permission?  Blocked by upstream provider?  What?

There are several possibilities for this, but all of them require that the
system inside the firewall initiate the connection... not something that can
be triggered easily from outside the system.

Andy