Ken Johnson wrote:
> has anyone got u-verse at home yet?  i'm pondering a move and curious
> to know any local experiences.  most of what i see online is dated so
> i can't rely on the current roll out being similar.
   We had it installed two weeks ago.

   The door to door salesmen seams very knowledgeable.  BUT, did not
tell us about the extra $10 per month for HD service.

   Comcast blocked port 25 last year and did not tell me.   Called and
was told that I was spamming.  Two days later they finally told me to
change ports.  Then spent three more weeks trying to get port 25
unblocked.   They ran me around in circles.  Finally gave up.
   Got U-verse.  Found port 25 blocked.  Called U-verse help.   After a
minuet she found out that i did not have the standard client in her
book.  So she just asked me to open the configuration area.  Asked which
port.  Told her 25.  She unblocked it.  Total time on phone was about 2
1/2 minuets!!!

   A few days after getting U-verse, the HD stopped working.  Called at
help 1:30 PM.  man would be out between 2 and 4 pm.  They called at 2:30
pm saying he would be late.  He showed up at 4:15 pm.   In 4 minuets
found that we did not have HD in the package.   He had it added in and
turned on in a few minuets.

   The router is Cisco.   It really sucks, but does get the job done.

   Wireless does have a bigger range.  How of why I don't know, but it does.

   Speed:   I got the one step up for Internet speed.   Faster than DSL,
which I have found is faster than Comcast.  Speed stays the same all day
long.  No throttle back like Comcast.   Wife does not notice a difference.

   SERVICE IS GREAT!!!!!   No more of this Comcast "We do not support
your system" crap.

--
Jerry Perkins
Home Page http://www.jperkins.us/