If you're looking to put your home network on the VPN, you might get a
router that supports dd-wrt and install a version that handles VPN.
This might be easier than running the client on each workstation.

I don't know how compatible dd-wrt's VPN options are with other VPN
setups, but I've been very happy with everything else that I've done
with it.  It might be worth looking into.

If anybody on the list can say one way or the other, please let me know.