>        BSD jails do overcome some of the failures of chroot, and do
>  make it harder to escape the jail. But they offer little protection
>  inside the jail. There is only one IP address per jail, and no loopback
>  device. There are no device nodes. Some applications won't run under
>  these conditions.

There are device nodes, jails now offer multiple IPs (although you can
get by without it), and most applications will run fine.  I ran
asterisk in such an environment for years with no issues.

They're not the end-all-be-all, by any means, but they are a
light-weight way to split up applications on a box, and very simple to
manage.  (To save a reply to Greg Donald - "ezjail" would have solved
your problems very easily)

Michael
--
Michael Darrin Chaney, Sr.