On Fri, Aug 28 2009, John wrote:

>> NLUG has for years captured attendance information expressly for voting
>> eligibility purposes.  My intent is to build on those efforts; not so
>> much from a historical perspective but as a continuing project.
>
> It may not be a desirable option from the standpoint that it has a
> price tag attached to it, but what about using an account with a
> service like Emma?

        I don't really care one way or the other if it has a price tag,
 but is it free software?

        Secondly, if you are going to be collecting credit card
 information, what kind of security protocols you have in mind for
 protecting the data from a malicious insider?  One would not like to
 swipe cards only to learn later that it all got hacked out.

        manoj
--
The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of
civilization. Ralph Waldo Emerson