Hello NLUGgers,

I recently converted a VHS tape to dvd using my MythTV box.  I
connected a VCR to the input of the Mythbox and recorded it.  Then
used DeVeDe to make a video DVD out of it.  Tested the disk on my
laptop (Kubuntu) and a standalone DVD player without any trouble.
Later, I found out that this disk doesn't work on any Windows
computers.  After I stopped pulling my hair out (are we living in the
90's again?), I started searching Google.

It looks like I burned the disk as a UDF file system instead of just
ISO9660.  Looking around, I haven't found an option to convert the iso
file.  Also, I haven't found anywhere to configure what type of iso is
created when I make the DVD in the first place.  I've been working
with DeVeDe, K3b, and AcidRip, but nothing has jumped out at me.  I
can read the file system in Linux, so I have access to the file
structure.  Would it be easier to just create a new iso of the files?
I'm not sure of the best way to go about that.  I know how to use dd
to mount a .iso file, but I'm pretty sure that's read-only.

Have you run into this before?  Is there a way to directly convert the
iso file, or just rip the UDF disk to an Windows-friendly format?
Outside of that, I still have .avi that I made from the original
video.  Is there a better program that I should be using to convert
media files to video DVD?

Thanks.