The idea of this topic can be a two-edged sword. 99% of employer REFUSE
to allow personal call unless they are family and it's an emergency. Use
your personal cell phone on break. Which since cell phones are not part
of the land-line network 99% of those don't get spammed because they are
not on some list. I personally would like to keep mine that way. Some of
those same people also use it for their home phone. Same vote, i LOVE
DNC lists especially the ones that last forever.

The list managers would have to chime in but the rate of "spam" I
receive from Google accounts was far, far less than MSN or Yahoo even in
its infancy. I am willing to bet it's the same for Groups. A few strays
here and there. Watching out for flame wars, and the like are really
what a moderator is needed for, and I'm willing to bet they are pretty
bored because of lack of activity. The only way to ensure NO spam is to
unplug your computer from the web. Then you can join the DNC lists for
phone and mail, and that would overwhelmingly save trees made by
thousands of pieces of mail a year.

As I've seen bulletin board type lists grow. The old fashioned running
thread ones seemed to have the worst problem. Craiglist is in the sub
10's for spam, spam and more spam. The new forums seems to have a better
handle on it because the code is better.

Besides with Google lists someone has signed up and has a profile. We're
not selling $2000 computers to list users. It's just a few 1 and 0's. If
it's not in COPPA for 13 and below. It shouldn't be for others either.

If you want to "enforce" something. Enforce GPG signing for all posts.
The whole idea is to be a web of trust with them anyway.

Vi^3PP

--
GNUPG validated with key 0xD537A8E1. Questionable
validations please verify by phone for authenticity.

Proudly made by your nearest Mutt and Vim using Linux.