On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 5:20 PM, Greg Donald <gdon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 3:32 PM, andrew mcelroy <sophri...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't think the database is their problem :-)

They have the sense to use gzip, but use no caching at all (php xcache
nor page cache afaict), unless it's baked into their scripts.
Also, the keep-alive values are most likely default centos settings.

This is all low hanging fruit for a site that posts a message about
performance.
It's not a major screw up, but it is odd.

If they had mysql properly tuned, minified their js, and do the things
that you bother to do for higher performance, that message would most
likely not be needed. Instead its a bit of an embarrassment.

Of course, I am assuming that they are on their own server and that
this isn't on a shared host.

It just doesn't make MySQL look good.

Respectfully,
Andrew McElroy