On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 9:27 PM, Richard Thomas <r...@dicksonlife.com> wrote:
> A colleague at work has a relative who has a small php/mysql project they
> need help with. The overview is to have an application that allows people to
> take small tests and store the results and allow the administrator to change
> the tests from time to time. The budget is not huge but I don't think it's
> out of line with the project requirements as stated. Though we know how that
> goes :). They also claim to have a handle on the HTML side of things so if
> that's not your strength, this may be a good thing for you (though I can't
> vouch for whether that is actually the case). Timeframe is for sometime at
> the end of March.
>
> Email me and I'll forward their contact details to you. In the interests of
> full disclosure, I am not currently intending to bid on this but I may
> decide to. If I do, I will not unduly influence things.
>
> Rich

I know a guy that has a phpBB mod that might do what you're looking
for.  If your coworker's relative is interested in taking an easy
option, the Ultimate Quiz Mod might be what we're looking for.

In short, it's a mod that was written to allow forum members to make
and take trivia quizzes.  I'm pretty sure it keeps track of scores and
has a login feature, probably tied into the existing phpBB user list.
I haven't installed it, but I've seen dozens of others that have, and
then come to Battye with quirks or feature requests.

Info on v2 beta: http://forums.cricketmx.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=4512&start=210
Download v1: http://www.cmxmods.net/quiz.php

I think this is the route I would go, since reinventing the wheel
isn't something I like to do on the clock.