Just a short update.

I've found a few items that might work.

AutoHotkey - Why haven't I ever used this before?
I'm using DragKing and MoveInactiveWin from
http://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Skrommel/index.html
(You can download as exe or as AutoHotkey scripts.

MoveInactiveWin fixes Alt+Drag without even activating the window.  As
a bonus, it doesn't try to maximize the window if you alt+drag it to
one of win7's hotspots like the top of the screen.
DragKing gives copy-on-select and middle-click-paste, although if
something catches the middle mouse it might not paste.

Wlipper is like Klipper for Windows.  http://sourceforge.net/projects/wlipper/
It's not perfect but I think it will do.  Alternatively you can
install KDE for Windows, and use Klipper, but I found the menu to
stick and not go away unless I actually clicked it and then clicked
outside of it.  I might try it again.

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 8:19 AM, Chris McQuistion
<cmcquist...@watkins.edu> wrote:

> Windows 7 does have some nice shorcuts to place your windows, though.
> Click on a Title Bar and drag and drop at the very right edge of the
> display and it fills exactly 50% of the display on the right side.
> You can do the same for the left side.  Drag to the top and release
> and a window goes full screen, drag the title bar off the top of the
> display and it "restores" to the original size.  There are keyboard
> shortcuts for all of these, too.  Windows Key + left arrow, Windows
> Key + right arrow, Windows Key + up arrow, and Windows Key + down
> arrow.
>
> Chris

That's helpful.  With extended desktop that spans monitors, there is
no hotspot in the middle, so you can't use the mouse to halfscreen 2
programs on each.  Win+Left/Right work.  In fact, you can walk a
window past the divider into the next monitor with that.

--
Don Delp
618.616.2993