On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 2:55 PM, Chris Faulkner <cfaulkne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Definitely.  This is a task for OSS, this is the first thing i can
> find: http://asset-tracker.sourceforge.net/  I'll look some more...

That looks pretty good.  My original though was something php/mysql
but I was discouraged after the first few that I found were busts.
PHP Wares had my hopes up, but now looks defunct.  The promised
version 2.0 doesn't look like it's happened and the site is swarmed
with spammers.

I found a thread from 2006: Comments refuting a post about lack of
barcode software in Linux.  It looks like there are several options
out there.
http://lxer.com/module/forums/t/22639/

I just hope I don't get attached to a solution and then find the dozen
reasons it doesn't work for our purposes.

--
Don Delp
618.616.2993