Bottom-posting may be "correct" in some people's opinion, but look at
it this way.  How do 99% of the email users in the US reply to emails?
 Top posting.

If almost everyone does top posting (for whatever reason, whether it
be good or bad) then isn't top posting not only "acceptable" but
basically the standard?  I think so.

It's like the English language.  American English is very different
from British English or Australian English.  Is their's correct?  Is
our's correct?  The answer is that you speak English the way it is
spoken in your country.  Likewise, email etiquette is decided by mass
adoption.  Whatever the masses standardize on become the standard.

Chris