Thanks for the help Tuesday night concerning non-functioning wlan on
my new laptop.  We did not solve the problem on the spot, but you gave
me enough good ideas that I got it functioning the next evening.

I removed the ndiswrapper and all configuration files and followed the
instructions on this site:

http://www.debianadmin.com/enable-wpa-wireless-access-point-in-ubuntu-linux.html

Apparently it was a excess security issue, but I don't know exactly
what it all means.  Should I now enhance the security level now that
it is working?

Jim Fuqua