On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 4:37 PM, Michael Chaney
<mdcha...@michaelchaney.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 4:02 PM, Chris McQuistion
> <cmcquist...@watkins.edu> wrote:
>> I don't understand how this is dirty, either?  If they want to give
>> something away, why can't they?  Google could give stuff away (and does).
>>  Apple could give stuff away (but doesn't.)  Linux could give stuff away
>> (and does.)
>> Where's the problem?  I don't like most of Microsoft's products and I won't
>> take them up on their offer for free training, but I don't see how offering
>> it is a bad thing?
>
> It's just fine with me, right up to the point that they involve a
> governmental organization.  Looking closer, it looks to just be MS
> Office skills, which I don't have a huge problem with given its
> (unfortunate) ubiquity.  But it's still not proper for the state to be
> pimping for a corporation.
>
> Michael

Historically, when MS gives something away it's to drive a competitor
out of the market, not to enrich the consumer.

I noticed the site seems to take quite a while to load.  Made me what
OS the server was running.
http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph?site=tdlwd.tn.gov

Ah, nvm.

--