I'll be either using RAIDZ with ZFS or I'll be utilizing my Smart
Array 5i onboard my ProLiant DL360...

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 22:29, Dave Tomlin <davetom...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is anyone using software raid for Ubuntu?  How many of you are using
> fakeraid controllers?
>
> On 10/14/10, Perkins, Jerry <je...@jperkins.us> wrote:
>> Dave Tomlin wrote:
>>> Is anyone using Ubuntu Server 10.04.1 for production servers.  Seems
>>> like most say to go with CentOS, but I'm partial to .deb and the
>>> abundance of packages for Ubuntu.  Thanks.
>>    Tried Ubuntu.   Nothing like Debian for the server.   Also use it on
>> the laptop and desktop.  Never down.
>>
>> --
>> Jerry Perkins - http://jperkins.us/
>>
>> Are you better off today than you were 4 trillion dollars ago?
>>

>> --

> Sent from my mobile device

" ' With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech
censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied,
chains us all irrevocably.' Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron
Satie as wisdom and warning... The first time any man's freedom is
trodden on we’re all damaged." - Jean-Luc Picard, quoting Judge Aaron
Satie, Star Trek: TNG episode "The Drumhead"
- Alex Smith (K4RNT)
- Murfreesboro, Tennessee USA