----- Original Message -----
> I'm looking to standup a simple server and want server hardware rather
> than just a white box. Performance is not really an issue but
> reliability and
> price are. Any suggestions? I can get a Dell T110 for under $500.00. I
> looked at HP but they are more expensive for a lesser spec machine.

Andy, you leave a lot open in your description of need. Here are some things to
consider. Do you need virtualization, and what are the requirements of the kind
of virt you want to do.

If you want to go on a budget, I saw these recently, and it piqued my interest,
but I haven't researched it much more yet.

Supermicro 2 Xeon 2.8ghz, 2gb ram, 2 80gb IDE drives plus cdrom in a 1u. $92.99
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=SB-613P-XI-XEON28X2-5R

Could you describe better what your constraints are?
--
Steven Critchfield cri...@basesys.com