I work for Amazon and you can get up on their free tier for a year.

http://aws.amazon.com/free/

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 12:08, Steven S. Critchfield <cri...@basesys.com> wrote:
> A thought on the alternative options. Again a question of what you want to do
> with it.
>
> If you look at rackspace and pricing of a cloud computer, They have it down to
> $11 a month for the compute time and then add on your bandwidth.
>
> I priced it out for 512meg ram, 20gb drive, and 5gb each way and it specs for
> $23.20 a month.
>
> At $23.20 a month, you can be below the cost of housing your own server for
> about
> 2 years if the server costs $500. If you can live with half the memory and
> drive,
> you can extend that savings out to almost 4 years.
>
> Just something to think about.
> --
> Steven Critchfield cri...@basesys.com

" ' With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech
censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied,
chains us all irrevocably.' Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron
Satie as wisdom and warning... The first time any man's freedom is
trodden on we’re all damaged." - Jean-Luc Picard, quoting Judge Aaron
Satie, Star Trek: TNG episode "The Drumhead"
- Alex Smith (K4RNT)
- Falls Church, Virginia USA