On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 12:26 PM, Raymond <raymond.a.beaud...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just recently heard about Riverbed Technologies (http://
> www.riverbed.com) and was wondering if anyone has had any experience
> or information regarding their company and solution. One of my clients
> had mentioned it and I've had no past experience with them.
>
> They seem to sell a WAN Optimization service. Looking a little further
> into it it seems they use deduplication mostly. Does anyone have
> experience or opinions about this? Thanks!
>
> Raymond Beaudoin

We used it at my last job: a company with locations in Asia, Europe,
US, and Mexico.  As far as I could tell, it's a caching proxy with a
client side software.  It's pretty good at conserving your bandwidth,
especially if you have multiple people at a location trying to access
the same files over the network.

The software was reasonably stable.  We only had a few (rare) issues
with it using up the cpu for no reason.

I don't know anything about the pricing, and I don't have any numbers
on how much bandwidth it actually saved us, although there is some
sort of graphing mechanism built in if you want to track your stats.

--
Don Delp
618.616.2993