Just to add my two cents to this conversation, http://www.ifixit.com has
fantastic repair guides for all kinds of Apple products, including the
iPhone (and other brands/models).

You may already know this, but they are THE resource for complete teardowns
and repair information and parts.  They have a repair guide for the vibrate
module
here<http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Repair/Installing-iPhone-3G-Vibrate-Ring-Switch/581/1>
and
they sell the actual part
here<http://www.ifixit.com/iPhone-Parts/iPhone-3G-and-3GS-Vibrator/IF137-015>
 ($4.95.)

Chris

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 12:21 AM,  <kwu...@comcast.net> wrote:
> My first time opening my iPhone 3G was to replace the battery. I was past
> the year warranty and didn't want to pay Apple $100 for a cheap battery.
The