Jack Coats wrote:
Time for the next Scopes type of trial to come from TN... Bummer.

Oh you mean that publicity stunt that three towns people cooked up. Wow did everyone fall for it hook, line and sinker. Jack, looks like you still think that it was for real.

--
http://jperkins.us

Patrick Henry's famous "bequest" of Christianity in his will:

"I have now disposed of all my property to my family. There is one thing more I wish I could give them, and that is the Christian Religion. If they had that and I had not given them one shilling they would have been rich; and if they had not that and I had given them all the world, they would be poor.

Unknown author for the periodical The Virginian in 1956. Commenting on Patrick Henry's famous "bequest" of Christianity in his will:

"There is an insidious campaign of false propaganda being waged today, to the effect that our country is not a Christian country but a religious one-that it was not founded on Christianity but on freedom of religion."

"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded not by 'religionists' but by Christians-not on religion but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason, peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity and freedom of worship here."

"In the spoken and written words of our noble founders and forefathers, we find symbolic expressions of their Christian faith. The above quotation from the will of Patrick Henry is a notable example."

Read more:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_Patrick_Henry_say_It_cannot_be_emphasized_too_strongly_or_too_often_that_this_great_nation_was_founded_not_by_religionists_but_by_Christians_not_on_religions_but_on_the_gospel_of_Jesus_Christ