From: andrew mcelroy <sophri...@gmail.com>
To: nlug-talk@googlegroups.com
Sent: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 16:30:01 -0000 (UTC)
Subject: [nlug] oracle invokes argument from authority on security with oracle
linux
http://linux.oracle.com/switch/centos/
this link discusses switching from cent os to oracle linux.
This line nearly made me choke on my coffee:
"What about the code quality?
Again, you're running the exact same code that our enterprise
customers are, so it has to be rock-solid. Unlike CentOS, we have a
large paid team of developers, QA, and support engineers that work to
make sure this is reliable"
The hubris I guess is par for the course given it is oracle.
The fact there are fewer erratas could be a sign that fewer people are
checking oracle linux rather than actual problems.
Has anyone actually used oracle linux and if so, what did you think
about the distro?