On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 10:21 AM, Mark J. Bailey <m...@jobsoft.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if any of you here with T-Mobile and/or Sprint (ie, NOT
> AT&T) can comment on real-life experiences regarding a) coverage (regardless
> of what the coverage sites “claim”), b) data access/speed, and c) tethering
> with wifi?

I've used T-Mobile for the last two years and had excellent coverage
within the Mid-TN area. I had a simple Sony Ericsson 3G flip phone
that I would regularly tether to my laptop and that was always a good
experience. Decent speeds and rarely a disconnect, even on the
highway. There's no hacking to get it to work, either. T-Mobile just
lets you do it.

I would also drop the sim card into an old iPhone 3G and had good
results with that. One of the best benefits of T-Mobile is still
having access to data service when in a concentrated crowd of a few
thousand people. When I had AT&T, data and text service would be
non-existant at a music or sporting event with a lot of people.
T-Mobile always fared well.

--
Cale Mooth