Are those drives Western Digital Green drives?  Those things are TERRIBLY
slow.

As for redirecting C:\Users, I don't recommend it.  You can use Windows 7's
"Library" functionality to redirect users' documents, music, pictures, etc,
over to a network drive with relative safety, but redirecting the whole
C:\Users will screw things up that need to access files in that directory
before the network layer has finished loading.

Chris

Chris