On 03/01/2013 04:49 PM, Kevin Hart wrote:
To Howard. Yea sometimes the simple answer is to do df -h :). I had one
yesterday that after an hour figured out the nic was running half duplex
with tons if collisions. Shoulda picked up on that sooner.

As to Curt
I agree. Back when home was where people wrote to people wanted to save
that. But I cannot count how many times extra partitions has bit me. But
maybe one hand where it saved me. I haven't made a machine with more
than those three in many years. Always seemed I was having to scarily
shrink one partition to add to another when I had the 7 partition layout.

Sent from my iPhone

Oh but we have had this discussion many times in NLUG and it does come down to a matter of taste. The case was made to isolate /var or even create /var/log so that when a wayward process went jabberwakky, one could clear /var/log without trashing other file systems.

Is it safe to say that linux systems have become less likely to trash out entire disks when partitions fill up?

Howard

--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "NLUG" group.