You still have the added management overhead for consumer devices running a
standalone dhcp server which have to be kept operational and monitored. If
he doesn't have server infrastructure at the sites that the dhcp daemon can
be dropped on, he's better off relaying it to where it can be properly
presented and maintained.

Annnnddd... if the sites already lack the appropriate server infrastructure
to just drop a dhcp service on the local networks, then they likely aren't
going to function very well with the network links not operational
anyway....

-Blake