I was employed at Asurion through a temp agency (apex). You get hired as long as you show up to the interview. I put in my resignation 2 weeks ago after acquiring a job with Deloitte. Asurion was an OK job, and I was meeting all the expectations they had of me and was just about to be hired on full time (I was one of about 6 people from my training team to be offered a full time position) but taking phone calls all day long explaining people where the home button on their iPhone was just isn't my cup of tea.
I was on the AT&T side of things, and since they opened up a new facility in Phoenix Arizona, we no longer received near as much call volume as I suspect they need in order to justify the amount of employees they have in my opinion, although call volume should be increasing soon once AT&T decides to send more calls Asurion's way. The last two weeks I was there I took enough voluntary time off (VTO) that my pay was ~15 hours per week, but (as the name implies) it was voluntary and not everyone takes that much VTO. Taking all that VTO can be tempting and addictive so you just have to decide for yourself. In my case I supplemented it with freelance work I was doing on the side that I was much more satisfied with doing over taking phone calls from stupid people all day long. >From what I head from my friends who were moved over to the Verizon side, they don't have nearly enough employees yet, and call volume is consistently back to back and there is plenty of overtime available. As long as you meet your metrics every month, act like you care about your job and show up on time every day you can do well there and be hired on permanently and move up and off the phones, but remember that there is a lot of competition for non-phone-answering positions and you have to rely on the tricks of the trade (encouraging customers to allow you to call them back on another line so that your call handle time appears lower, socially engineering them into believing you went above and beyond to prevent them from calling back so you can keep your first-call-resolution percentage high, controlling the call and making them feel like you're helping them find their lost phone even though you knew as soon as they called that you won't be able to find it and positioning it in such a way they feel like it was more their own fault for not installing the AT&T Mobile Locate so that they subconsciously blame themselves more than they blame AT&T and the app) to make your numbers look really good. If you decide to get a job with them, I can give you a few pointers about what worked for me and what gave me the desired results so you can know what to say and what to avoid saying to make your life there slightly easier. I found it to be an incredibly dull job. Every now and then when you help someone find their lost baby pictures or whatever it can feel rewarding, but those kind of rewarding calls are one in a thousand. On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 10:42 PM, Greg Donald <[email protected]> wrote: > Googling you can find stories from previous employees saying it's a > weird sort of "take all the vacation time you want" sweatshop. > > https://www.google.com/search?q=asurion+sweatshop > > > On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 11:56 AM, Kent Perrier <[email protected]> > wrote: > > Does anyone know what it's like over at Asurion? Got a call from a > recruiter > > for a position over there. I wanted to find out what folks know, good, > bad > > or indifferent. > > > > They day say it's a senior Linux admin position. > > > > Thanks! > > > > -- > > -- > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > > "NLUG" group. > > To post to this group, send email to [email protected] > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to > > [email protected] > > For more options, visit this group at > > http://groups.google.com/group/nlug-talk?hl=en > > > > --- > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > > "NLUG" group. > > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > > email to [email protected]. > > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. > > > > -- > Greg Donald > > -- > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "NLUG" group. > To post to this group, send email to [email protected] > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to > [email protected] > For more options, visit this group at > http://groups.google.com/group/nlug-talk?hl=en > > --- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "NLUG" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to [email protected]. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. > -- -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "NLUG" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nlug-talk?hl=en --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "NLUG" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
