On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 11:41:48AM -0500, andrew mcelroy wrote:
> I wish I had seen this sooner, but it's a useful tool
> http://filippo.io/Heartbleed/

Sure.  If you like the idea of submitting possibly vulnerable sites to
some completely random .io domain that may well be snarfing creds and
keys.

There exist multiple working detectors on the net that are a simple
google away that you can run yourself after looking the code over.

Jared Stafford's can be found at:

http://stuff.gerdesas.com/heartbleed/detector.py

Using such tools narrows down the threat surface; granted not much, but
something is better than nothing.

                                                        John
--
Among the many lessons that I've learned from this whole experience is to
try to speak a little bit less.

-- Former Illinois Governor Rod R. Blagojevich, after being convicted of 17
   counts in a corruption case, New York Times, 28 June 2011