Log in over SSH with X11 forwarding and use a screenshot utility. I just tested this locally and it worked. import is from imagemagick.

$ ssh -Y localhost
$ echo $DISPLAY
localhost:10.0
$ import -window root screenshot.png

On 10/23/2014 07:15 PM, Dan wrote:
Long time listener, first time post-er.  :)

You could just try to cat the framebuffer to a raw file and run that thru imagemagick (or photoshop) to see what's going on.

cat /dev/fb0 > output.raw

Of course, if you're doing things thru omxplayer or something else like that, perhaps the framebuffer will not have anything interesting in it. (just tried that here and got a black image).

...hope that's a little helpful to you!

Here's a reference that may be helpful (see the last post):
http://www.cnx-software.com/2010/07/18/how-to-do-a-framebuffer-screenshot/

--dan