I was thinking on the drive to work this morning how helpful it would be to
have an app on my computer or phone that would give me a number, right now,
for how long it will take to drive home (getting data from Google Maps or
something).

If there was just a little window on my desk or an app on my phone that I
could glance at, see that it is currently going to take 57 minutes to drive
home, that would be awesome.

If the app could also have an notification threshold to let me know when
the estimated drivetime drops below a certain threshold, then that would be
awesome and I would just stay at work and keep working until the estimated
drivetime drops below 35 minutes

Something like this seems like a really practical tool that a lot of people
could use.  If I was any kind of coder, I would whip this up and make a
million dollars.  Alas, I can't program my way out of a paper bag.  I have
ideas and I convince smart people (like Curt) to make them happen ;-)

Of course, maybe something like this already exists and I just haven't
heard of it.

What do you think?

Chris