On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 2:10 PM, Andrew Farnsworth <farn...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Anyone have any suggestions on how to detemine what is causing my vhost to
> crash?  It is running the VMWare esxi hypervisor and the logs don't tell me
> anything other than it bounced without putting anything in the logs prior
> to the bounce.
>
> Andy F

So no purple screen, just rebooting on its own?  Haven't heard of that one
before (on ESXi, anyway).  Is it rolling the logs upon reboot or is there
just nothing in there during the reboot?  Was thinking that if it's rolling
the logs, you could forward to a syslog server so that they are preserved.
Also, is this host managed by a vCenter server?  If so, you might find
something helpful in the events history.

Might want to check BIOS logs to make sure environmentals aren't causing
the server to auto-shutdown / restart.

--
Allen Minix / KM4DCZ

Check out my blog! - http://thefatpenguin.blogspot.com