On Saturday, November 5, 2016 at 10:55:07 AM UTC-5, Michael L wrote:

> Whichever date you decide to go with will work for me. I'll bring
camcorder just in case we find a use for it.

It'll probably be Dec 3rd; in fact, no one on Meetup has voted for Dec 10th.

And no one on the NLUG list has expressed a preference at all; is there no
interest here in an installfest? I understand that most folks subscribed to
the list probably don't need help installing Linux, but the installfest is
primarily a recruiting tool for new users, as well as a helpdesk for those
who are having problems they can't resolve themselves. So are we going to
have any volunteers from the NLUG list & Vandy meetings helping out? Assume
a Dec 3rd date at Watkins.

Also, I'd appreciate it if NLUG members who are also involved with other
local/regional tech groups (ie - VMUG, NashMicro, Make Nashville, etc.)
would contact me & help spread the word to their groups. Suggestions for
other ways of publicizing the installfest (ie - http://cal.nashvl.org/ )
would also be appreciated.

Finally, we have the space, I believe, to do a bit more than just an
installfest. Curt showed me two rooms we could use at Watkins. If there's
interest and we have enough people show up to justify it, I believe we can
use one room for the installfest/helpdesk, and the other for talks,
advanced topics, workshop(s), a Network King of the Hill (ie - a
hack/defend LAN), _your_suggestion_here_, etc. I'll confirm with Curt that
this is an option.

~~Dru

PS - I extended the Meetup poll 48hrs since they were having issues mass
mailing members via the web interface (sending the message & poll info via
standard email worked fine). I'll post the results here and on the Meetup
group late Sunday night/Monday morning.